Divorce Doula Services
My goal is to:
Provide you with continuous emotional, logistical and practical care and attention while undergoing one of the most difficult times of your life.
No one ever thinks at marriage that they will later get divorced - myself included! I was served divorce papers in 2019 and stumbled my way through the process - I still am! Luckily, I have an awesome network of women, professionals, and fellow divorcees who have wandered and continue to wander through the experience with me. So many people don't have the resources to be able to survive this long and truly arduous process. Since day one of finding myself in a divorce, I have wondered how I could possibly flip the situation into creating more good than bad. One way is to pass on my knowledge and experience to help you. I’m flattered that you’re considering me to be part of your network and I sincerely hope I can provide some guidance for you along your journey. It won't be easy, but at least we will do it together with as much female grace and power as possible.
You know, I created the term. I don't think this concept exists professionally, but it should. Individuals need resources and practical action - and quickly - when going through a divorce. I aim to be a point of contact for you when you need another perspective or need to know what resources might exist to assist you in whatever challenge that comes across your path. Men need this assistance also, but I feel driven to connect with women (or those who identify as female) during the divorce process since our challenges are often unique due to child bearing and professional growth differences.
- Is not legal advice - I'm not a lawyer!
- Is ethical and humane
- Provides information to help you understand your options
- Is continuous during your divorce process
- Supports you in creating effective problem solving and communication methods/techniques with other participants in your divorce process (kids, soon-to-be-ex-spouse, soon-to-be-ex-in-laws, lawyers, etc.) while also realizing it's ok to let some relationships go
- Empowers you to find it within yourself to reach for the tools and answers to help get through the divorce process so you can forge your own path forward
Divorces can be VERY expensive. When you are fighting for your own freedom and potentially that of your children, it is hard to know when the costs will stop increasing. Koru's divorce doula services are likely only a small portion of what you will need to pay to get divorced, but the individualized care and attention you will receive is invaluable.
- An interview. This is a free 30 minute virtual session where you can ask questions and decide if Koru's divorce doula services are a good fit for you.
- A one hour virtual session early on. Resources and suggested immediate action items will be shared with you based on your unique situation.
- A one hour virtual check-in (around 3 months into our relationship). Our aim will be short term planning to get you divorced and long term planning to help you create your new path.
- A one hour virtual check-in (around 5 months into our relationship). This session will aim to help you decide if you want to continue my services or want resources for you to continue on your own.
- Continuous divorce support for 6 months. Call, text or email when you want/need support (Guidelines will be provided on when might be a good time to initiate contact and under what circumstances). Since the amount of time a divorce will last is unknown, you can purchase services in 6 month increments.
The fee is $3000. A $1000 non-refundable deposit/retainer fee is due when the Doula/Client Agreement is signed. The remaining payment of $2000 is due by no later than 3 months into our relationship and can be broken up into payments, if you prefer.